Friday, January 1, 2010

Triumph badges falling from the sky

No, seriously. If you haven't been on lately you wouldn't know, but between the new LFG and the upgrade of everything to triumph badges, it's ... well, it's like swimming in them. Combine that with the fact that a complete set of T9 costs 210 badges (low-end, ilvl 232 stuff, but still) and it becomes official: gearing up is now retarded easy.

Case in point: I hadn't played in months. I was still rocking my T7.5 (well, my ret set, my tanky set was a bit better). I started running in earnest maybe a week or so ago.

(Point of bragging pride? Even in my Naxx kit, I was still out-DPSing most of the people I met in the PUGs, most of whom were in full badge T9. Seriously, they made Ret so much fun with the changes to Seal of Command.)

(Further point? I'm a blatant meter-chaser. I admit it without shame. The thing I love most about this game is handing out very large numbers, with receiving very large numbers coming in a close second. I try to avoid being pulltastic, and I never blame the tank for my misbehavior, so that is hopefully atonement enough.)

I digress. In the space of a week I've gone from an average ilvl of 202 with two blues left over to an average ilvl of 222 with a gear score of 2450. I've gone from a 3300 DPS average overall in heroics to about 4000 - 4200. It's ... epic. I group with maybe one player a day who beats me on the meters.

Two more heroics and I get to trade in my Voltron shoulders at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment